Liebherr Kühlen und Gefrieren
Please complete the registration form below to receive your personal MyLiebherr access details. The fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory. Following successful registration, you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link.
Principles of data processing for MyLiebherr (information requirements)
We attach great importance to the protection and security of your personal data. It is therefore important for us to inform you about what personal data we use for which purposes and what rights you have in relation to your personal data.
The "MyLiebherr Account" is your central user account at Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH. You have to register in order to create a MyLiebherr Account. Your can register on the “MyLiebherr Portal" (https://home.myliebherr.com). When you register via the MyLiebherr Portal, you will receive an e-mail with a confirmation link at the end of the registration process. You must click on the confirmation link in order to complete the registration process. Alternatively, you can also sign up for the MyLiebherr Account using your Google, Facebook or Microsoft accounts (hereinafter referred to as "Social Login"). Please note that we have no influence on the processing of your personal data by Google, Facebook and Microsoft. With your MyLiebherr Account you can use the Single-sign-on service of Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH (hereinafter referred to as "SSO"). SSO allows you to use other access-restricted digital services (hereinafter referred to as "Modules") connected to the SSO using identical access data. SSO allows you to navigate between modules without the need for a separate registration and login process. SSO automatically transfers the data stored in your MyLiebherr Account which are required for the use of the relevant modules to the respective module providers in order to offer you the best possible comfort. The modules are operated either by Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH or by subsidiaries of Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH.
II. What are personal data and what does processing mean?
1. "Personal data" (hereinafter also referred to as "data") are any information that reveal something about a natural person. In addition to information that allows a direct inference about a specific person (such as a person’s name or e-mail address), personal data also include information that can be linked to a certain person with appropriate additional knowledge.
2. "Processing" refers to any action taken on your personal data (such as the collection, recording, organisation, ordering, storage, use or deletion of data).
B. Who is responsible for processing my data?
The Controller responsible for processing your data is Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH, Memminger St. 77-79, 88416 Ochsenhausen, Germany, Phone: +4973529280; Fax: +497352928408; E-mail: email@example.com.
C. Data processing in relation to the MyLiebherr Account
I. What data are collected for which purposes?
When calling up the MyLiebherr Account, the following data are processed by our web server and stored in what are known as log files:
- date of access to the MyLiebherr Account
- time of access to the MyLiebherr Account
- Internet address of the website on which you were when you called up the MyLiebherr Account
- files you access through the MyLiebherr Account
- amount of data transferred to you
- your browser type and version
- your operating system
- the domain name of your Internet access provider (e.g. Telekom, Vodafone, etc.)
- your (external) IP address
When registering and using a MyLiebherr Account via the MyLiebherr Portal without the use of Social Login, we process the following data:
- registration date
- your unique user ID (UPN)
- date and time of the last successful login
- your e-mail address
When registering and using a MyLiebherr Account via Social Login, we process the following data in addition to the data mentioned hereinabove:
- Social Login identification feature (so-called identifier)
Note: If you register or authenticate yourself with a Facebook Social Login, Facebook will also provide us with your last name, first name and profile picture in addition to the data listed. We do not process such data for any purpose.
Note: When you register or authenticate with a Google Social Login, Google will provide us with your last name, first name, and the link to your Google Plus profile in addition to the information listed. We do not process such data for any purpose.
Note: If you register or authenticate with a Apple Social Login, Apple will provide us with your last name and first name in addition to the information listed. We do not process such data for any purpose.
For the optimal use of the modules connected to the MyLiebherr Portal, we collect the following data on a voluntary basis:
- your preferred language
- your title
- your address
- your phone number
- your Liebherr refrigerator and freezer serial number
- your Liebherr refrigerator and freezer device type
- your SmartDeviceBox serial number
We process the data listed in points 1- 21 for the following purposes:
1. to protect our website offer
2. to register a MyLiebherr Account via the MyLiebherr Portal
3. to register a MyLiebherr Account via Social Login
4. for the central administration of user and profile data for SSO)
5. for the use of SSO
6. for transmission to the provider of the selected module
7. to support your MyLiebherr Account
Note: Please note that your personal data could be transferred to countries outside the EU/EEA if the provider of one of your modules is based in such a country. We will seek your express consent prior to any transmission to such provider.
Processing for other purposes may only occur in so far as legal requirements under Article 6 (4) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) apply. In this case, we will of course comply with any requirements to provide information according to Art. 13 (3) GDPR and Art. 14 (4) GDPR.
II. On what legal basis do we process your data?
In principle, the legal basis for processing your data is Art. 6 GDPR, in so far as there are no further specific legal provisions.
The processing of your data is based on the following legal bases:
1. Data processing for the performance of contracts (Article 6 (1) (b) GDPR)
2. Data processing based on a balance of interests (Article 6 (1) (f) GDPR)
3. Data processing to fulfil a legal obligation (Art. 6 (1) (c) GDPR)
4. Consent (Article 6 (1) (a) GDPR)
Our legitimate interests are:
Improvement of the stability, functionality and security of the Account
If we process your data on the basis of a balance of interests, you have the right to object to the processing of your data under the provisions of Art. 21 GDPR.
We process your data only to the extent necessary for the fulfilment of the above mentioned purposes.
IV. To whom and for what purposes do we transfer which categories of your data?
Where necessary, we will transfer your data:
1. To the providers of the modules you actively use and possibly of other services
2. To other companies of the Liebherr Group, if this is necessary for the initiation, execution or termination of a contract or if there is a legitimate interest in the transfer on our part and your predominant legitimate interest is not in conflict with the same;)
3. To the Social Login provider of your choice
4. To the service providers we use to achieve the above purposes;
5. To any court, arbitration tribunal, public authorities or legal advisor when required to comply with applicable law, or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
IV. Will my data be processed outside the European Union?
Data transfer to Processors in countries outside the European Union (known as third countries) is only permitted (1) if you have given us your consent or (2) if the European Commission has decided that an adequate level of protection exists in a third country (Art. 45 GDPR). If the Commission has not made such a decision, we may only transfer your data to third parties located in a third country in so far as appropriate safeguards exist (e.g. standard data protection clauses adopted by the Commission or the supervisory authority in a specific procedure) and the enforcement of your rights is ensured.
V. When do we delete or anonymise your data?
We process your data as long as this is necessary for the relevant purpose, unless you have effectively objected to the processing of your data or have effectively revoked your consent.
As far as statutory retention obligations exist - e.g. in commercial law or tax law - we will have to save the relevant data for the duration of the retention obligation. After the expiry of the retention period, we check whether there is any further need for processing. If there is no such further necessity, your data will be deleted.
D. How are my personal data secured against unauthorised access and loss?
We use technical and organisational security measures in order to secure your data against loss, incorrect modification and unauthorised access by third parties. Moreover, on our part, only authorised persons will ever have access to your data and they can only access it to the extent required within the framework of the purposes named above. All data is transferred in encrypted form.
E. Cookies and other technologies
F. Data Subject Rights and Right of Appeal
Within the legal framework, you have the right to
1. information about your data;
2. the correction of incorrect data and completion of incomplete data;
4. Limitation of the processing of your data, especially should you dispute the accuracy of the data or the processing of your data is illegal and you demand limitation of use in place of deletion.
5. The right to receive your data in a structured, standard and machine-readable form and to demand that we transfer your data directly to another responsible party.
Please note that the lawfulness of processing based on consent prior to your withdrawal of such is not affected by your withdrawal of consent.
We ask for your understanding that, where the above rights are not asserted in writing, we may require you to provide evidence proving that you are the person you claim to be. You also have a right of appeal with the responsible supervisory authority.
G. How do I contact the Data Protection Officer?
Should you have any questions regarding data protection please contact:
Liebherr-IT Services GmbH
St. Vitus 1
88457 Oberopfingen, Germany
Last updated: March 2021
The “MyLiebherr Account" is the User's central account with Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH and enables the use of Liebherr-Hausgeräte GmbH’s Single-sign-on service (hereinafter referred to as "SSO"). SSO is the central instance through which the User gains access to the "Device Registration”, “Marketplace" and "Liebherr SmartDevice App" modules described in greater detail below ("SSO", "Device Registration", “Marketplace" and "Liebherr SmartDevice App" are hereinafter collectively referred to as the "Offer").
The Provider of the Offer is
Memminger Straße 77-79
88416 Ochsenhausen, Germany (hereinafter referred to as "HAU").
For contractual relationships of the User with third parties, in particular with such third parties who sell their products to users via the “Marketplace" module, the separate terms of business or use of the respective third party may apply. HAU is under no circumstances responsible for contracts concluded between users and third parties via the “Marketplace" module.
SSO enables the User to use the Offer and other access-restricted modules connected to the SSO (hereinafter referred to as "Other Modules") with identical access data, without requiring a separate registration process for the Offer and Other Modules.
SSO gives the User a cross-module "identity" that is recognised and verified by the restricted access modules and Other Modules. SSO makes it possible for the User's personal data that are stored in the SSO (such as name and address, as well as devices registered by the same) to be automatically transmitted to the operator modules and Other Modules without requiring that the data be manually entered or verified once again in a module or Other Module.
SSO enables the User to easily and centrally manage their stored data. Thus, the User can, for example, manage and correct their master data (e.g. their address). This facilitates the use of Offers and Other Modules by the User.
2.1 Device registration
The device registration module allows the User to register their Liebherr refrigerators and/or freezers (hereinafter referred to as "Devices"). After registration, the User gets an overview of their registered devices. In addition to various functions for the management of the devices, the User is provided by a simple access point to the additional modules that may be available for the respective devices.
In the Marketplace module, the User has the option of purchasing products from third parties who use the Marketplace module as a sales platform. The products offered through the Marketplace module are exclusively Liebherr original products. Additional costs, such as shipping and customs costs, are indicated by the respective product sellers. Please note that the HAU exclusively offers the possibility for third parties to sell products. HAU assumes no liability for the displayed prices, availabilities and other conditions of third parties.
2.3 Liebherr SmartDevice App
The Liebherr SmartDevice app allows users to view and configure their device data. To use the Liebherr SmartDevice app, you need a WLAN-enabled module (hereinafter referred to as "SmartDeviceBox”). The SmartDeviceBox connects your device to the Internet via a WLAN-enabled router. The SmartDeviceBox can be retrofitted to SmartDevice-enabled devices. Some devices already have the SmartDeviceBox integrated.
In combination with the SmartDeviceBox, the Liebherr SmartDevice app allows users to control various device functions (e.g. temperature) while on the move. With the Liebherr SmartDevice app, users immediately receive alarm messages, such as a door accidentally left open, a power failure or a critical temperature. The Liebherr SmartDevice app has a notification function that reminds users that the next air filter change is due or when the ventilation grille needs to be cleaned. In addition, the Liebherr SmartDevice app offers the possibility of contacting a Liebherr service partner.
The Liebherr SmartDevice app is available for iOS and Android operating systems.
III. Availability, Change and Costs of the Offer
1. The availability of the Offer depends on a functioning data connection between the HAU, the User or third parties who operate any Other Modules, and the good operation of all participating systems. Therefore, temporarily unavailable access to the Offer cannot be excluded. HAU reserves the right to interrupt the availability of the Offer for maintenance and improvement measures to the usual extent customary in the market. HAU will endeavour to carry out maintenance and improvement measures outside normal business hours for the HAU headquarters.
2. HAU reserves the right to change the Offer at any time and without giving reasons or to suspend it temporarily or permanently.
3. The use of the Offer is free for the User.
IV. Obligations of the User when Using the Offer
1. The User undertakes to register only their own devices and to keep their master data up to date.
2. The contents accessible through the Offer (texts, data, pictures, logos, graphics, documentation, audio, video and other image representations) are subject to copyright and other laws for the protection of intellectual property. No part of the contents may be reproduced, distributed or stored or altered in any other media (such as other websites) without express prior consent. Printing or saving individual pages or documents is only permitted for personal use.
V. Identification and Registration for the Offer
1. A MyLiebherr Account is required in order to use the Offer. For this purpose the User must register on the MyLiebherr Portal (https://home.myliebherr.com).
2. The User must be at least 18 years old in order to register for the offer.
3. In addition, the User warrants that the personal information provided by them as part of their registration, in particular their first and last names, postal address, date of birth and e-mail address, are true and correct. In particular, the User may not enter data from third parties. The User must inform HAU immediately of any change to such data.
4. The submission of the completed registration form constitutes the User’s proposal to conclude the agreement on the use of the Offer (hereinafter referred to as the "User Agreement"). HAU accepts this proposal by confirming the User's registration by e-mail. This concludes the User Agreement.
5. As soon as HAU receives the registration form, the User will receive a confirmation e-mail. This e-mail contains a confirmation link. By clicking on this link, the User confirms their e-mail address. This confirmation is a prerequisite for the User to be able in future to log in via SSO, use the Offer and make use of services immediately after successful registration with Other Modules.
6. The User has no entitlement to be accepted for the Offer, modules and Other Modules.
7. HAU is entitled to refuse individual registrations without stating reasons.
VI. Use of Access Data, Access to the Offer and Other Modules
1. Access data are exclusively intended for use by the User concerned. The User may not pass on the data, in particular their password, to third parties, not even to family members or colleagues. The User must always keep the access data, in particular their password, secret and prevent the unauthorised use of the Offer by third parties.
2. If the User becomes aware of, or even suspects, misuse of the access data, they must inform HAU immediately. In the event of misuse or suspected misuse, HAU is entitled to immediately block access to the Offer. The User is liable for all consequences of the third-party use if they are responsible for the misuse of the access data. The User is responsible for the misuse in particular if they have allowed the unauthorised use of the access data even if only through negligence. The User’s liability only ends once they have informed HAU customer service by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the unauthorised use and, where required, have changed their password.
3. The above applies accordingly if the User has chosen to work on a public or multi-user computer using the option "Stay logged in" and third parties thus obtain access to the Offer or Other Modules.
5. HAU emphasises that the Other Modules are each operated by the company named in the provider identification of the Other Module. Where HAU does not operate the Other Module itself, HAU is not responsible for the content and offers available in these modules.
VII. Withdrawal of Access Authorisation
• the provision of false information during or after registration and/or
• the unauthorised transfer or disclosure of access data, in particular the password,
and to temporarily or permanently suspend and/or permanently revoke the User's access with immediate effect or within a period of our discretion and/or terminate the User Agreement immediately and without notice. Following such an event, the User may not re-register with HAU without our prior express consent.
VIII. Termination of the User Agreement
1. The User Agreement is concluded for an indefinite period. Both the User and HAU may terminate the User Agreement at any time without notice by ordinary termination. In addition, extraordinary termination is reserved for both parties for good cause. Termination must be made in writing, and thus requires at least one e-mail.
2. An immediate termination of the User Agreement might make it impossible for the User to log in and consequently, depending on the Offer or the Other Module, access the data provided by the User such as registered devices, and other restricted access areas of the Offer or Other Modules.
Claims for damages by the User are excluded. The disclaimer also applies in favour of legal representatives and vicarious agents of the operator, if the User asserts claims against the latter.
This exclusion of liability does not apply to claims for damages due to injury to life, body, or health. Also excluded from the liability restrictions are claims for damages resulting from a grossly negligent breach of duty by the operator, a legal representative or vicarious agent.
A legally prescribed fault-free liability, in particular liability under the Product Liability Act, as well as liability for culpable injury to the life, body or health of a User remains unaffected by the aforementioned exclusion of liability.
X. Data Protection
3. HAU reserves the right to change the Offer at any time and without giving reasons or to suspend it temporarily or permanently.
XII. Final Provisions
2. If the User is a merchant or if the User has no permanent domicile in Germany, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for disputes arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall be the registered office of HAU. Under the same conditions, the place of performance for all rights and obligations resulting from the contractual relationship with the User is also the registered office of HAU.
3. In addition, if the User is a consumer, the mandatory consumer protection provisions applicable in the country in which the User has their habitual place of residence will apply in so far as they provide the User with further protection.
Last updated: May 2021
Memminger Straße 77-79
Tel.: +49 7352 928-0
Fax: +49 7352 928-408
Registered at: Ulm District Court
Company number: HRB 641632
Steffen Nagel, Thomas Obererlacher, Detlef Walther, Andreas Seifert